IET & NAPIT Publications and Guide Books For Electricians
A copy of the IET Wiring Regulations Eighteenth Edition is an essential requirement for any electrician taking the Level 3 BS 7671:2018 qualification, whether this is the 18th Edition Online Course with XS Training, or with any other training provider.
As well as this publication we also offer the IET 18th Edition On-site Guide, IET Electrician’s Guide to the Building Regulations 18th Edition and IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing 18th Edition to help you through this pivotal qualification.
We’re also delighted to be able to offer a selection of key guidebooks from NAPIT, a leading Government approved and United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accredited membership scheme operator in the building services and fabric sector. You’ll find the NAPIT Guide to Initial Verification & Periodic Inspection & Testing of Electrical Installations particularly useful if taking any of our City & Guilds 2391 Courses.
All the publications are available to purchase today, from the links below. Please allow 5-7 working days for delivery.
IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
The 18th Edition Wiring Regulations are the latest version of BS 7671, as the new accepted standards for electrical installations, see updates to a wide range of installation types as well as to various aspects of installation and maintenance.
This full version of BS 7671:2018 from the IET has everything the reader needs to know about installing and maintaining safe electrical installations in the UK.
- Latest edition of IET BS 7671 Wiring Regulations
- Covers latest updates to electrical installation and maintenance guidelines
- The complete regulations of IET BS7671:2018
IET 18th Edition On-site Guide
The IET On-Site 18th Edition Guide provides all essential information in a user-friendly, digestible, easy to use format, so it can be consulted on site. It has all relevant information and updates for work on single- and three-phase systems up to 100A.
- Summarises all essential information in BS7671:2018
- Specifically designed for on-site consultation)
- Concise, user-friendly guide to IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
IET Electrician’s Guide to the Building Regulations 18th Edition
The IET Electrician’s Guide to Building Regulations 18th Edition supplements the BS 7671:2018 18th Edition Wiring Regulations by explaining the requirements outlined in the Building Regulations for electrical installations.
- Advice on correct implementation of Building Regulations
- Covers fire safety, ventilation and energy conservation
- BS 7671:2018 Fully compliant
IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing 18th Edition
The IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing 18th Edition provides specific advice and guidance on specification, inspection and testing of electrical installations according to the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition BS 7671:2018.
- Further detail on specification, inspection and testing
- Up to date with BS7671:2018
- Complements IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
NAPIT EICR Codebreakers Guide
The only purpose-written publication to aid contractors, inspectors and clients has now been updated to align with the 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations. Notably, the book was also nominated as “Trade Tool of the Year” for the Electrical Industry Awards 2018.
The initial information has been extended and now covers more information to guide contractors, inspectors, and clients through the pitfalls of this highly technical area of the industry.
New for BS 7671:2018
- Existing codes updated to the new 18th Edition of BS 7671
- Hundreds of new observations and codes added
- New Section: Giving guidance specifically for the Inspector
- New Section: Giving guidance specifically for the Client
- New Section: Specific to Frequencies of inspections and tests
- New Section: How to carry out Risk Assessments, with detailed sample forms
- New information directly tailored for the social housing sector
NAPIT On-site Solutions Guide
The On-site Solutions Guide allows the electrical contractor to be fully armed with a wealth of industry knowledge and best practices all in one publication.
Contents cover Parts 1 to 7 of BS 7671 and provide useful solutions for:
Electric vehicle charging installations, Surge protection devices, Smart home solutions, Outbuildings, RCD selection, Consumer unit considerations, Selection of equipment, Designing circuits, Safe isolation of electrical supplies, Inspection, testing and certification, Documentation
- Provides practical solutions for a number of installation types
- Allows electrical contractors to understand what is required by The Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2018
- Covers main requirements of the Building Regulations that are associated with electrical installation work in England and Wales
- Covers Health and Safety legislation
Landlords & Electrical Inspectors Guidance for the Private Rented Sector Guide
A guide that helps Landlords and Electrical Inspectors understand the new Legislation governing electrical safety checks within dwellings in England; which came into force from 1st June 2020.
This new Legislation is a welcomed approach by the UK Government to increase the safety of private residential tenants.
Complex and in-depth, it requires a fresh take on Electrical Inspections from Inspectors, and a new level of understanding from Landlords, to reduce the likelihood of failing to meet their obligations which can result in landlords receiving fines of up to £30,000.
This guidance will help understanding of the above legislation and covers:
- Legislation Requirements
- Consequences of not complying
- What is required for an electrical safety check?
- Different Electrical forms, and where they are used
- Coding of safety checks
- Frequencies of Inspections
- Competence requirements of Inspectors
- Remedial works requirements
- Record keeping
- Assessing risk
NAPIT Guide to Initial Verification & Periodic Inspection & Testing of Electrical Installations
This Guide to Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection and Testing is a must-have book for anyone taking an inspection and testing qualification; the new book explains all of the different test equipment, what they’re used for, and how to carry out all of the required BS 7671 tests.
NAPIT has a wealth of experience and knowledge in this particular specialist and notoriously difficult area and has taken the combined knowledge of their technical experts and produced a publication specific to inspectors and testers’ needs.
Initial Verification, and Periodic Inspection and Testing covers everything you need to carry out initial verification and periodic inspection, including the tests and production of the relevant certificates or Report.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Legal requirements
- BS 7671 requirements
- Identification of installation components
- Protective Earthing
- Safe isolation
- Test instruments
- Thermal evaluation equipment
- Standard tests
- Initial verification
- Periodic Inspection