NAPIT Landlords & Electrical Inspectors Guidance for the Private Rented Sector Guide
A guide that helps Landlords and Electrical Inspectors understand the new Legislation governing electrical safety checks within dwellings in England; which came into force from 1st June 2020.
This new Legislation is a welcomed approach by the UK Government to increase the safety of private residential tenants.
Complex and in-depth, it requires a fresh take on Electrical Inspections from Inspectors, and a new level of understanding from Landlords, to reduce the likelihood of failing to meet their obligations which can result in landlords receiving fines of up to £30,000.
Please allow 5-7 working days for delivery.
This guidance will help understanding of the above legislation and covers:
- Legislation Requirements
- Consequences of not complying
- What is required for an electrical safety check?
- Different Electrical forms, and where they are used
- Coding of safety checks
- Frequencies of Inspections
- Competence requirements of Inspectors
- Remedial works requirements
- Record keeping
- Assessing risk